Thursday, December 16, 2010

Fire and Cross receives 4 stars

My first review for Fire and Cross appears on Vvb32 Reads blog.

Velvet's blog is a place to share YA books - some zombies, vampires, steampunk, Japanese and Jane Austen. She gave Fire and Cross 4 out of 5 and described it in one word: macaroons. I'm not sure if that's because she liked the macaroons mentioned in the story or she thought the novel was quite sweet. Either way, I'm happy dancing!

Romantic quote:
I hope to persuade her to marry me before Christmas. I am not a young man of one and twenty, Sir. And I have resisted the temptation of sirens and maidens for many years. I know my heart.
- Darcy speaking to Mr Bennet, chapter 8, page 80

My two-bits:
In-a-word(s): macaroons
I enjoyed this romp with the Austen couple, Darcy and Elizabeth. The story is told in Darcy's perspective which makes for some hot scenes.

Entertaining dialogue, behind-the-scenes intrigues and gossip fill the pages with a mystery to solve.

Thank you Velvet.

2 comments:

  1. woot! loved it, what else can i say. looking forward to reading bargain with the devil next to compare darcy naughtiness factor ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Velvet. I'm imagining you with a special ruler in your hand to measure Darcy's naughtiness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...