Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Conversation of books

I was featured at I Just Finished, the conversation of books a few weeks ago. Here is the excerpt:

IJF asks: What have you just finished?

I've just finished reading Georgette Heyer's Regency Buck. Heyer was excellent in her setting. I guessed who the bad guy was very early in the novel. But her witty language made me laugh.

IJF asks: What book(s) have been life changing for you?

Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I love the story so much that I write P&P's inspired stories.

IJF asks: Can you tell us your best fan encounter story?


I've written a story where the heroine had problems falling pregnant. A fan emailed me, saying she had similar problems and loved the story.

A few months later, she emailed me again, telling me she finally got pregnant with IVF. She had since sent me photos of the ultra-sound and the birth. I'm happy that my stories reach out to the hearts of some people.

What is your favorite version of P&P? The book or the movie and if it's the movie, which version with which actors?

BBC 1995 series, hands down. I was actually leaving London to live in Hong Kong at that time. So I asked my friend to record the series and then got another friend to bring the videos to me.

I love this version of P&P because it’s the most faithful version, in terms of the plots. Jennifer Ehle did a marvelous job. Her eyes were very expressive, a genuine Elizabeth Bennet to the bone.

Of course, Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy was yummy. A lot of readers swooned over the wet shirt scene but I liked the scene at the Inn of Lambton most. When Mr. Darcy tried to console the distressed Lizzy, he touched my heart, a romantic hero who could be relied on in good and bad times.

Press here to read the full interview.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being our guest! We launch the new site tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Monie, I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...