Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Straight to Hell

Dear readers and fellow bloggers, sorry I was away for the last two weeks. Ear ringing is still there but insomnia seems to be better. I've moved to sleep away from the window, instead of near the window. Let's see how it goes. I almost feel I'm 90% my normal self. Time to do more writing, blogging and hot guys browsing!

Today, I'm very excited to welcome my first guest blogger Michelle Scott. She's very brave and has accepted my challenge to write a flash fiction/drabble with the word "love" in it. She even has a Mr. Darcy in her new book, Straight to Hell.

According to Miss Spry, my demon overlord, the number one rule of being a succubus was that I could not love.

By eight o’clock, I’d broken that rule.

As I tucked my daughter into bed, I instinctively said, “I love you, Honey.”

Damn.

Being a succubus was going to be harder than I’d thought.  But I’d only been one for less than a day, so I probably had some time to adjust.  Even the Devil hadn’t started out completely wicked.  Had he?

I was pondering this when my incubus counterpart, William Darcy, appeared.  I used to toss around terms like ‘sexy’ and ‘gorgeous’, but once I met William, I realized that those words were meant specifically for him and no one else.

And not only was he devilishly handsome, he’d also brought me ice cream.  Ben and Jerry’s.  Cinnamon Buns.  “I heard you were having a bad day,” he said.  “I thought this might help.”

“I love ice cream,” I said.  Then I flinched.  “I mean, I like it.”

He laughed.  “It’s okay.  You can love ice cream.”

“What about my daughter?”

He immediately grew sober.  “That you must never do.”

Damn.  This was going to be much  harder than I’d thought.

- Flash Fiction based on the urban fantasy/chick lit novel Straight to Hell by Michelle Scott




Now, I agree to a handsome Mr. Darcy. But how can he say no love for the daughter? Press here to read more about Straight to Hell.

The story
The moment Lilith Straight dies, the Devil appears to claim her soul and cash in on a longtime family curse. Now, Lilith has no choice but to work for him. The job is bad, the boss is worse, and she can't imagine how she'll explain her new reincarnation to her eight-year-old daughter. But then an arrogant, yet oh so yummy, incubus shows up...and hell heats up just a little more.

About Michelle
Michelle Scott received her MFA from Wayne State University. Her stories have appeared in such places as "Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show", "All Possible Worlds", and "Realms". Her fantasy novel, The Dragons of Hazlett was nominated for a 2009 EPPIE Award. Michelle lives in southeast Michigan with her husband and three children. Her new novel, An Anthem for the Battle Lands has just been released from Mundania Press LLC.

Show Michelle some love and comment below to let her know how you find her Mr. Darcy.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...