Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Naughty inventions

I watched Top Gear (the British show about fast and expensive cars) last night and the host, Jeremy Clarkson, was introducing a new car from Holden, an Australian car manufacturer.

He started off with the intro saying somewhat: Australian didn't have any smart engineers or inventions except for the creation of the Hills Hoist.


Although I'm not a Holden fan, I'm a big fan of inventions. He didn't seem to know we invented the Black Box Flight Recorder, the bionic ear, the combine harvester, etc.

I love learning new inventions and you can find a few heros in my stories as inventors. That get me thinking: I've yet to write a heroine as an inventor.

What kind of naughty inventions should she create?

7 comments:

  1. LOL, you WOULD go there ... has to be a "naughty" invention. Ha!

    The Old Silly

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about naught power tools? No, bad idea. I know. How about a naughty race of little people who don't take up much space and don't each too much, but perform every task they're told to do, as well as some imaginative ones they think up.

    Steve Tremp
    www.stephentremp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvin, life will be boring with a bit of naughty fun. Stephen, wow, that's fun, the heroine can create little people to do her bidding. I'd love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of interesting inventions, whatever happened to vibrating beds? Eons ago you used to find those in hotels.

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know about the invention, but I LOVE Top Gear! That show is to die for. I think the episode with the little cars playing ice hockey is my favorite.

    L. Diane Wolfe
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
    www.spunkonastick.net
    www.thecircleoffriends.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gosh. I don't think my responses are appropriate here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sure it's a vibrating bed, Helen, not a water bed? I loved the episode where they had some little cars playing football too, Diane. Alexis, why not? This is a site about steamy fantasy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...