Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Your brain will tell you to eat more fatty foods

Eating fatty foods may injure neurons in an area of the brain that controls body weight, found researchers at the Diabetes and Obesity Center of Excellence at the University of Washington in Seattle.

"The possibility that brain injury may be a consequence of the overconsumption of a typical American diet offers a new explanation for why sustained weight loss is so difficult for most obese individuals to achieve," said presenting author Joshua Thaler. - extract from SMH

Oh oh, no wonder I'm addicted to a certain brand of chips lately!

You can read more from Sydney Morning Herald.

I took this photo during my holiday in Nice and Corsica. Chips is my staple, when I'm travelling. Urgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...