Wednesday, August 19, 2009

5 Stars!


I'm very happy that Monie likes my new book and I'm really surprised that she even took the time to read Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice before reviewing my what-if story. Here is the review at Reading with Monie. She rated it 5 stars!

Ok guys. Seriously I have to ask... Why didn't anyone clue me in to Pride and Prejudice and it's fan fiction sooner? After I read, reviewed and LOVED Enid Wilson's hot, hot book In Quest of Theta Magic in April she contacted me about reviewing Bargain with the Devil. Enid described it as a P&P what if story and I was intrigued.

I started with Pride and Prejuice by Jane Austen and then moved on to the movie starring Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen (when Mr. Darcy flexed his hand after helping Elizabeth into the carriage my heart broke!) and wrapped it up with Bargain with the Devil. I devoured it in one sitting and then went to Enid's website Steamy Darcy (rated NC-17) and zoomed through all of the short P&P stories in the HOT POOL there. But don't despair she also has a Cool Room for those who like a little less spice.

I found my new favorite fictional male character in Mr. Darcy (move over Rourke from J.D. Robb's In Death series) and in Bargain with the Devil he is certainly a scoundrel but Enid did a wonderful job on this what if story. I especially liked the unfortunate circumstances of Miss Bingley. I'm sure that Enid had lots of fun writing this book because it shows.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...