Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spell check

Do you rely on spell check a lot when you write? I must confess I'm very lazy nowadays. If I can't spell a word, I'll just type whatever similar and hope for the best during the spell check.

Yesterday, I was using Adobe InDesign software, which is a publishing software, and I let this old habit to creep in. But InDesign is not very smart with it's spell check function. At least it doesn't know the difference between meaningful and meanful. I guess their dictionary is rather mean...


Photo: mylot.com

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that I 'rely' on it, though I do type with it on. But the words I KNOW I don't know how to spell are often of foreign origin or something, so spellcheck is useless. What I count on it MORE for is catching my typos--I have lots of those... mistyped words. it is BAD at catching when my fingers go on autopilot and just type the WRONG word though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Hart, we're too reliant on modern technology.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...