Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Shoulder pain

I've very bad left shoulder pain for the past month and it affects my sleeping. After ultrasound and X-ray, the doctor said it's subacromial bursitis.

According to wikipedia, subacromial bursitis is a condition caused by inflammation of the bursa that separates the superior surface of the supraspinatus tendon (one of the four tendons of the rotator cuff) from the overlying coraco-acromial ligament, acromion, coracoid (the acromial arch) and from the deep surface of the deltoid muscle. The subacromial bursa helps the motion of the supraspinatus tendon of the rotator cuff in activities such as overhead work.

Ok, it's a bit too difficult for me to understand what it is. But suffice to say, I'm not looking forward to physiotherapy or injection. Maybe I can pray it to go away. But it's affecting my work and writing too. Time to take some actions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...