Sunday, August 7, 2011

Emma and Knightley

I mainly write Pride and Prejudice-inspired stories but some online fans have asked me to write about JA works too. I'm a bit reluctant because I don't know them as well as I do with P&P. But in Every Savage Can Reproduce, I've included many characters from other JA works.

Emma and Knightley are the ones I mentioned most, among other JA characters. In fact after the initial posting online, I've included a love scene for them. Why? I think their clash of personalities can be quite funny. Here is an example:

“Emma, the protocol!” Captain Knightley objected with a frown.

“Fine, fine, sir! We must observe the protocol, Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam, or my dear Captain Knightley will be very unhappy. That means that we will have to scan you, first, to see if you are genuine articles.”


“What do you mean by that?” Darcy asked.


“We encounter Military Intelligence Agency agents disguised as escapees, from time to time. We have to make sure you aren’t trying to infiltrate our planet in order to bring in restrictive ideas or viruses.” Emma explained.


Her partner prodded, “Emma, proceed with the protocol.”



“Yes, my dear Captain,” she said, and rolled her eyes at Knightley.

Who are your favourite secondary characters?




Photo: BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...