Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Detective Dee and the Phantom Flame

I watched the ABC At the Movie show and David and Margaret gave 4 stars for the Chinese movie Detective Dee and the Phantom Flame.

I hope to watch it too. The director, Tsui Hark, is one of the best from Hong Kong. I think his work is much better than John Woo, not sure why western studios like Woo's movies so much.

Hark's visual effect and imagination was way beyond Woo's movies and Ang Lee's Crouching Tiger.  I was quite blown away by Hark's first kung fu creation many years ago.

I went to watch Detective Dee last week. The CGI and kung fu were great. But I think Hark can add more subplots. I didn't guess the mastermind right still. It was quite enjoyable. I will give it 3.5 stars.

Will you watch foreign language movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...